Second Sky Music Fest provided fans with two amazing days of music this last weekend. Music fans swarmed the first day of the event in festival shirts from years previous and dressed as various anime characters. Porter Robinson and other amazing acts like Madeon, Jai Wolf, Toro Y Moi, Jon Hopkins, Jacob Collier, Wavedash, Knower, and Air To Earth put on the performance fans had been waiting 2 years for. Those that weren’t sleeping on the astroturf or standing in line to get an IG photo were pressed against the railing awaiting each artist’s set.
This years’ Second Sky Music Festival required attendees to show proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test that was less than 72 hours old. As an added convenience attendees had the option to take a rapid test in the parking lot before entering. I think we can all agree that although festival season came late this year … we’re all thrilled that it’s finally here. Festivals we wanted to attend in 2020 are now available in 2021. Second Sky Fest, which happened on September 18th and 19th, sold out its first date so quickly they had to change venue locations and make the festival a two-day event instead of just one. In the end, they sold almost 40,000 tickets and had a very successful event.
- An amazing lineup of artists.
- Fireworks during Porter Robinson’s set.
- Lots of Instagramable installation locations.
- Hydration station to fill your water bottle.
- The venue is easily accessed from the freeway.
- Lots of free parking.
- Only one hydration station caused long lines for water.
- Food and drink prices were very high.
- Not enough trash cans.
- Security was not helpful and didn’t have any answers.